martes, julio 01, 2008

When the Starry Night had arrived in my life

In summer of 1986 I bought by my own my first paint art book, it was an special edition about analysis and introduction to the classics paintings of European artists, the cover was white and all the book was in perfect quality to be an artistic book. The most exciting emotion at every page that was changing and discovering with every move of my hand was touching the corners of the pages and The Starry Night suddenly appeared behind a page. I remember that in front of my eyes there was the sky full of rolling stars, into a night scene in a little town somewhere. The violet, yellow and blue color traces were so strong for me, the high contrast between these colors remains in my memory, no matter if I see it again in gray level picture. Three explicit subjects I always remember in this picture: the high and wide figure in the front plane, dominating the scene like a dull flame witness, the rolling stars above and the little town; but there was a fourth non explicit subject in the picture: my self, alike somebody who has just arrived to that town.


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No hay comentarios.: